2019-2020 Points of Pride:
- Largest marching band at Paint Valley this century: 40 members! (Growing from 35)
2018-2019 Points of Pride:
- The largest 5th Grade Class at PV in 10 years: 42!
- Grew marching band AGAIN for the 5th year in a row! 32 -> 35
- Recruited 3 seniors to join band for the first time making this the largest senior class in 6 years: 8 seniors!
- Awarded $4,900 grant from South Central Power Company to purchase beginning band instruments so that anyone who wants to be in band can be in band regardless of finances!
- Awarded $10,000 from McDonald's for the purchasing of new Marching Band Uniforms!
- Recieved generous donations totalling $5,000 from the Dill and Morton Family Fund!
- Earned Excellent Rating at OMEA District XVI Contest! (II II II I)
- 12 participants in the OMEA District XVI Honor Band with 4 1st/2nd chair placements!
- All 4 students who participated in Ross County Honor Band earned 1st or 2nd chair placements!
- 8 Events taken to OMEA HS Solo and Ensemble with 5 Superior Ratings and 2 Excellent Ratings!
2017-2018 Points of Pride:
- 1st Superior rating at OMEA State Large Group in school history!
- Straight I's at OMEA District Contest qualifying for state for the second year in a row!
- Won Pickaway-Ross Battle of the Bands for the first time in 7 years!
- Grew Marching Band from 27 --> 32!
- Performed 1st Band Camp Show on the last day of band camp to preview our students for parents!
- Invited to perform Back to School Bash Community event (August 2017)! This is a further indication of how the band is continuing to become a point of pride for the Bainbridge and Paint Valley Community!
- 3 1st chair placements at Ross-County Honor Band and 4 2nd chair placements out of 9 participants sent!
- Both students selected for Capital University Honor Band placed in top ensemble with Noah Davis placing 2nd chair trombone!
2016-2017 Points of Pride:
- "Excellent" (II) Rating achieved at 2017 State Contest!!
- Qualified for OMEA State Large Group by earning a superior rating at District OMEA! (Front Page Gazette Article)
- 1st appearance by the Paint Valley Bands at OMEA D16 LG contest in over 10 years and potentially the first time Paint Valley has been represented at the OMEA state level!
- 30% growth in the Marching Band! Moving from the smallest band in the county to 6th Largest!
- 144% growth in total program numbers in three years! 49 --> 120
- Traveling out of state for the first time since 2001! (Chicago, IL May 2017)
- 6th grade envisioned, planned, and executed their own concert through the Leader in Me program (10/23)!
- Hosted Paint Valley's first Middle School Night in 20 years, marching 50 instrumentalists on the field!
- Doubled the number of students participating in Ross County Honor Band: 8 with one 1st chair placement!
- Growing number of students participating in OMEA D16 Honor Band: 2 --> 6 --> 9 this year!
- Grew number of events sent to HS OMEA Solo & Ensemble from 1 to 5! (Earning 1 Excellent and 4 Superior ratings in class B!)
- Hosted our first Christmas in the Valley Booster Fundraiser that raised over $5,000 for the band program!
- Hosted Capital City Percussion - a professional WGI Drumline who gave us $1,000 and a vibraphone in donation after their season was completed!
2015-2016 Points of Pride:
- Founded the Ross-Brown Beginning Honor band! April 16th, 2016
- 2 first chair placements at OMEA District XVI Honor Band: Ray Johnson (MS Trumpet), and Olivia Spradlin (HS Horn)!
- Recognized as the fastest growing band in Ross County by percentage by local media. Increasing our Marching Band size by nearly 50% and our total band program size by 12%.
- Performed Paint Valley's first dance at the Ross County Fair!
- Created the Paint Valley Band Alumni Database to engage Paint Valley Band Graduates, collect statistics on life after HS for students who were in the band, and allow for the witness of living history.
- Began the creation of the "History of Paint Valley Bands" webpage!
- Awarded $2,500 matching grant from Modern Woodmen!
2014-2015 Points of Pride:
- Recruited over 50% of the 4th Graders into 5th Grade Band!
- Sent 14 students to Honor Bands across the county and district, more than Paint Valley has ever sent in recent years!
- Went from 2 to 3 concerts a year for concert band, learning more music in less time than ever before!
- Recognized as a growing and deserving program by the South Central Power Company Foundation and awarded a $4,400 for the purchase of new Percussion Equipment!
- Founded the Paint Valley Community Band, increasing community engagement and providing avenue for community members to keep music-making in their life after they leave school.
5/6 year vision: (target 2019)
- 60 members in the PVHS band by 2019. (18% of school pop, 300% growth from 2014)
- Obtain a II or higher at OMEA district 16 contest by 2020 in both middle and high school. (concert season)
- Knit the pvls bands so tightly into the fabric of the school, cutting it would be unthinkable.
- Consistently recruit over 23 students into the 5th and 6th grade bands. (30% of pop)
- Restart the pvhs jazz band. (2014)
- Coordinate at least 4 cheers with cheerleaders and 2 with student section. (2014 FB/BB)
- Perform 2 large spirit activities this season. (2014)
- Create a schedule that allows for students to begin band at any grade. (2015)
- Create and execute a balanced music booster budget. (2015)